RSS

Friday, August 08, 2014

What If..........

I have always loved a good quote that makes you think a bit about life.  The other night I actually sat down and watched a movie from front to finish, which is rare for me.  I usually have a million things on the go and Letters to Juliet.  It was a great piece!  And of course, I found the great quote / piece of advice in it, right at the very end.  It is a letter that the main character wrote.  I don't want to tell you the story, because it is a movie worth watching, but here is what the letter says:
only get to see bits and pieces of it. 


Dear Claire,

'What' and ‘if’ are two words as nonthreatening as words can be, but put them together side-by-side and they  have the power to haunt you for the rest of your life: What if?.. What if?.. What if?

I don't know how your story ended, but I if what you felt then was true love, then it's never too late. If it was true then it why wouldn't it be true now? You need only the courage to follow your heart...

I don't know what a love like Juliet's feels like ... a love to leave loved ones for, a love to cross oceans
for... but I'd like to believe if I ever were to feel it, that I'd have the courage to seize it.

And if you didn't, I hope one day that you will.

All my love,
Juliet

A fabulous letter!  WHAT IF?.......  What if can have the power to haunt you for he rest of your life!  Oh how true that statement is. In all aspects of our lives, we have the choice to say, "what if", and then go and make the choice we think is best.

Maybe we all should say "what if" more often.  We should ask ourselves "what if" whenever there is a decision to be made.  It could really change the way we live our lives.  Your "what if" question could be so different than mine, but yet it could have just as profound an effect on my life as yours, if we pause just long enough to ask it, and then move forward.
WHAT IF............

What if.........
What If........
WHAT IF....??

The possibilities are endless!

0 comments:

Post a Comment