RSS

Friday, January 15, 2016

Astragalus

Astragalus is one of those "Superhero" herbs, and honestly if there were one herb I would tell you to take that is an overall good tonic herb, it might just be this one.  It is an ancient Chinese herb, that has been in use for thousands of years as a Chinese medicine.  It can be taken short term as well as long term. 

It is an adaptogenic herb, which again means that is is an herb that protects your overall health and body against physical, mental, and emotional stresses.

I have been taking Astragalus for awhile now, and it really is an amazing herb.  As I look through the list below, I can see in my own life example of several of these specific areas Astragalus has helped me.  I suffer from Fibromyalgia and this herb is a life saver for me.  If I don't take it every day, my body aches and hurts in places I didn't know I had places, if you get my meaning.  It is terrible.  Astragalus has helped keep the aches and pains to minimal if any, on most days.

It is just a great herb for life.  I purchase the root powder at Mountain Rose Herbs and make my own capsules, but you can pick it up at any health food store and follow the instructions on the bottle.  If the dosage on the bottle doesn't seem to help your current condition, you could easily double this one with no side effects.  If you are however taking medications for other serious conditions, I would suggest you also let your doctor know you are taking Astragalus, just to be sure there are no contra indications.

  • improves the lungs
  • powerful anti-oxidant
  • strenthens muscles
  • strengthens genetics - it is a telomerase activator
  • enhances the immune system
  • treats chronic fatigue syndrome
  • treats fibromyalgia - I won't be without Astragalus if for this reason only - it works!
  • enhances the metabolism
  • enhances strength
  • reduces stress
  • aids in digestion
  • treats cancer - it is an immune stimulant and is often found to inhibit tumor growth - also used to treat side effects after chemo treatments
  • boosts energy and stamina
  • treats kidney disease
  • treats ulcers
  • treats urinary problems
  • prevents heart disease
  • treats high blood pressure
  • treats night sweats
  • treats inflammation and arthritis
  • supports the liver function

0 comments:

Post a Comment