RSS

Monday, January 27, 2014

You Can't Do It All, But I Can Do My Best

Oh really?  I Can't Do It All?  This is where I put my hands on my hips, and stomp my feet, and say "Oh Ya, watch me!" 

You know I am sure that I can do it all.  At least I give it a really good shot.  I have the hardest time telling someone NO, I can't do it.  I have all of my life, just found a way to make things happen.  If something needs to be done, I just get it done.  If someone asks for help, I say sure.

Well, I have been learning lately that I can't do everything.  I really can't do it all.  I am the kind of person that when I commit to doing something, I don't just do a job half way, I go full out and give it my all.  When I have more than a few projects on the go, it can be really frustrating because it is hard to give it your all to so many things.

found at blogher.com
My point in this, I really am learning to set some priorities.  I love this quote, because lately I feel that my life is out of balance.  I need some course correction.  You know, we as women are not superwomen, we simply don't have enough of it in us to do everything, all the time.  Something will always be neglected, left behind, or pushed to the bottom of that "to do" list.  What are the most important things, and are you keeping them at the top of the list? 

I have to be honest with myself too.  I often set unrealistic expectations that, when I set them, they were very real and I really thought that I could accomplish them.  Then, slowly reality sets in and I realize that perhaps, I can't do it like I wanted to.  You know what?  That is okay.  That is a good thing.  It isn't defeat, or losing, or failing.  It is helping us to realize that we too, have limits.  We can't do it all.  We can be honest with ourselves right from the start and really think about what we can do, and what we are willing to sacrifice, to do it. 

found at www.godisheart.blogspot.com
Let me give you an example.  I love writing.  I have realized that I love writing on blogs, and have had several great ideas for blogs, that some maybe, I think I might even turn into books at some point.  So I started writing and before long I have nine blogs that I am writing on.  Well even though they are each great things, and I am passionate about each subject, I have realized that I just don't have time to keep them all active and going.  I have to let some of them go, at least for a time.  I have other commitments in life too, and maintaining this many blogs, is too much for me right now.  Frustrating, but being honest with myself I have to change some things.  What is it that maybe you have to let go of for a time, to help bring some balance back into your life?  I sure won't quit writing, I have made that commitment to myself to write every day on at least two of my blogs that I am keeping active.  And I have to be satisfied with that.  I have other church responsibilities that take up much time, plus am a mother, wife, grandma, and I have a job. 

I have to learn to say NO, and to just do my best at what I can.  It is okay!  I don't have to do it all, I just have to do the best I can at what I choose to do!  I can be the best ME that I can and that is good enough!

0 comments:

Post a Comment