RSS

Wednesday, March 19, 2014

What Matters Most

You know I always thought that when we grew up and became ladies and gentlemen, that the teenage drama would stop, and we could all be friends.  I always thought that the little petty things in life would kind of grow up and mature with us.  Unfortunately, I have figured out that this is not so.  In fact, I am finding that it seems to be getting more and more frequent.  I just don't understand it.

Are those little things really important?  I don't think so.  Do these things really matter in life?  I guess to some people they do.  To me I have more important things to think on.  Things that really matter the most to me.

Thomas S. Monson says the things that should matter most are to spend time with, cherish, and express love to the people we hold the most dear.  He tells us to relish life as we live it, find joy in the journey, and share our love with friends and family.  I don't see anywhere in his teachings does he say that petty things in life, matter most, or at all. 

My family matters the most to me.  I love my family and don't have time to waste on things that don't matter.  They matter most.  I do cherish them.  I do spend most of my time with them, and they are my
world.  They are the reason that I find joy in my journey. 

I have some really good friends that matter most to me also.  You know the kind of friend that has lived
with you through trials, has been there by your side through good times and bad, and has held your hand, laughed and cried with you, and has earned the title of dear friend.  They are rare, and when you find them, you need to realize that they matter most.  Hang on to them, and cherish them, treat them like a true friend, and they will always be there for you.

My faith matters most to me also.  It is my way of life that is a really good way of life.  My beliefs and my faith keep me grounded. They give me purpose in life.  They give me hope in a great future.  They give me reasons to keep going when life tells me otherwise.  They give me direction when I feel lost.  My faith matters most to me.

I don't understand the drama, the pettiness, the way some people are.  They have the wrong idea of what matters most.  People can not hurt me, because I choose not to let them.  I have a good life, and I wish that I could share with others the way that I feel.  I am in control of who I allow to affect my life.

I choose to only allow the things that matter most in my life, affect my life and who I will be.

0 comments:

Post a Comment