RSS

Tuesday, November 29, 2016

Strangers In The Box



STRANGERS IN THE BOX

Come; look with me inside this drawer
In this box I’ve often seen,
At the pictures, black and white
Faces proud, still, serene.
I wish I knew these people,

Grandma, Grandad, Dad Lila, Dory These strangers in the box.
Their names and all their memories
Are lost among my socks.
I wonder what their lives were like.
How did they spend their days?
What about their special times?
I’ll never know their ways.
If only someone had taken time
To tell who, what, where, and when;
These faces of my heritage
Would come to life again.

Grandma 16 and Emma
Could this become the fate
Of the pictures we take today?
The faces and the memories
Someday will pass away.
Make time to save your stories!
Seize opportunity when it knocks!
Or someday you and yours could be
The strangers in this box.
–Author unknown

Grandad Bender, Emma, Bill, Ida, Mary 

Oh the memories I have of these strangers / long gone now.  They were not strangers to me - Thank Goodness!  I loved them each dearly.  Many good memories in that box of my old black and white photos.
 

0 comments:

Post a Comment