RSS

Monday, October 16, 2017

Conquer The Lonely

What a wild and crazy world we live in!  Things are not easy.  There are natural and man made disasters every where we look.  We are on the verge of war everywhere.  It is crazy!   These are some difficult times. 

At church yesterday, I was listening to the Sunday School lesson, in which the teacher, a surgeon, said that with all the different kinds of plagues out there, the studies are showing that the biggest plague the world is facing right now is loneliness!  I can see that.  I see it in school kids.  I see it in teenagers.  I see it in adults both young and old.  I see it all around me.  It is a very real thing.  Difficult times?  You bet. 

Loneliness.  I think of all of the things that can cause loneliness, because you see, I don't think it comes from just not having a friend, or being actually "alone".  You can be in a crowded room, and still feel extreme loneliness.  One of my little guys in my school classroom of kindergarden kiddos said a while back, he has no friends.  So even though he is in a class full of kids and teachers, he feels loneliness.  I think there are people who are alone, that are not lonely, because they keep themselves so busy involved in things.  But then, on the other hand, they can be extremely busy during the day and when they go home at the end of the day, they are probably lonely. 

I wish I had an answer, to help solve the problem of loneliness, but I don't.  There are just too many people I personally know, who are lonely, reaching out, and looking to fill the void of loneliness in their lives, and it hurts to watch.  Yet, I know I can't be the one to fill that void.  It must come from them.  You bet life is difficult, and lonely.  But I believe these things can be conquered if we really want.  Yuppers it sucks!  I see it.  I understand it.  I get it.  I choose not to embrace it, but to conquer it.  Conquer the lonely.  I don't have the answer, or the how, for you.  It will be different for everyone, yet I believe it can be done.  I believe it should be done.  And know that you are not alone in your loneliness.  Reach out and be that person to help someone else, and you just might find your answer.

0 comments:

Post a Comment