RSS

Tuesday, January 16, 2018

Made With Love

Okay, okay, so even though I am emotionally there, like in my last post, I will be just fine.  I am not sure why we always like to feel sorry for ourselves.  I would be the first one to tell you, if you are feeling sorry for yourself, take your eyes off yourself and look around.  There is always someone who has it much worse.  In fact, I can't even begin to count how many times I have said it, or thought it. 

I have decided to give myself a worthy way to do just such the thing.  I am crocheting baby blankets, and heart shaped pillows.  I also am working on a blanket for a purpose yet to be mentioned, because I don't want to talk about it yet, but it will have a special purpose.  I want to give the heart pillows to those who are going through a rough time, whether it is the loss of a loved one, or just needing a heart to snuggle, that is what I intend to do with them. The baby blankets are to have on hand, for the many young families I know that are having babies!  I have made 3 baby blankets thus far, and it has only been a week since I started.  It is great to have something to do when I endure watching television.  I received a ton of yarn from a couple of people, and have enough to make quite a few awesome little blankets.  I will get them pictured and posted here in a day or two.  That is my weakness, is the photo side of blogging.  I will get better at it though.  Hang in there to see them! 

I kind of got the idea to create my own little trade mark, so I am doing it with hearts.  Each little blanket will have a small crocheted heart somewhere on it, and then of course the heart pillows.  Kind of my made with love symbol, or my signature mark. 

I am excited about it.  Perhaps I will be remembered by some, as the lady who gave small comforts with her hearts.  I don't know.  I just know I need to take some of my focus off of my own wo's and focus them on others.  Giving my TIME to help others is one of my TIME goals and focus of this year, 2018. 

I have also decided, I do need a little time to myself, to do something for myself, and so I have designated Wednesday evenings this year to take that TIME for me, doing what I love to do.  I am heading to the Library each Wednesday for a couple of hours.  Whether I read a novel, work on my own writings, read a book just to learn something, or even just write on one of my blogs, I will be taking a couple of hours once a week, TIME just for me.  My sanity break!  I really, really, and focused on getting some of my own writing and things done this year as well, which will kick my business into high gear, fingers crossed!!

I look forward to the many things I get to make and share with others this year, and I look forward to expanding my knowledge.  Honestly, the library is one of my favorite places to just be.  And of course, Walk The Creek will be my place to share all my learnings and journeys this year. 

Now, I am a little bit more excited about the year ahead facing me.  I am driven by goals.  Remember my main goal / word for this year is TIME.  TIME to do not only what I love, but what will benefit others.  TIME for me, is the one that I am super excited about, because it really is in scarce amounts as of....... well......... forever.  I never do it.  This year, I am doing it!


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I was recommended this website by my cousin. I'm nnot sure
whjether this post iis written by him as nobody else know such detailed about my
trouble. You aare wonderful!Thanks!

Davilyn said...

I am sorry you are having troubles. I am glad my words could help! I understand and encourage you. Keep moving forward

Post a Comment