RSS

Friday, November 21, 2014

When I grow up.....

Yesterday at work, it was dress up day!  For sure!  Because I work in a preschool, our theme for this month is transportation and community helpers, so therefore we had, dress up like "What do you want to be when you grow up?"

Reflection - I am grown up.  Okay so, if I could be anything, who would it be?  What would I be?  Well I have always wanted to be a mom and grandma, check!   I have always wanted to be an herbalist, check!  I have always wanted to be a writer, check!  Too bad none of them pay well enough to do them as a means of survival right now, but that's okay, I have become pretty much what I have wanted to be.  I got to school and one of the little girls asked me, what I was supposed to be, and I just said ME!  I have always wanted to be
just ME when I grew up, and it worked out!  At least pretty close.  I always wanted to be rich too, and I am in some ways, but $$, didn't happen.  Anyways, it was pretty cute, because a little while later when the teacher was asking each of them what they wanted to be, most were doctors or fireman, a super hero, a couple of ballerinas, and a few others, but this one little girl just looked at me and said that she wanted to be just ME, meaning she wanted to be herself when she grew up.  She got it!

I was also chatting with my sister in law a couple of days ago, had a great visit, and she was telling me all the things she wanted when she grew up, and her epiphany this past summer, of how she realized she is living her dream of when she was a child.  She just didn't realize her dream involved other things.  It wasn't exactly how she pictured it, but it was there regardless.

I wonder how many of us, if we look back to our childhood, would realize we are living our dream?  And if we are not living our dream - so to speak - or if we didn't grow up into who we wanted to be, then why don't we start to change it?  You know, I am pretty sure I have lived more than half of my life now, and I have accomplished a few of the things that I really wanted, but I want to keep going.  I don't think I am ready to lay down and die yet.  I still love to write - and have a couple of book projects on the go.  I still am learning about herbal medicine, I don't think I can ever learn it all.  I still would love to be $$ rich, so I keep working!  :)  I have a few other things that I think I would like to be when I grow up, so I keep moving forward.

What do you want to be when you grow up?  When is grown up?  And what is your plan to make it happen? 

0 comments:

Post a Comment