RSS

Wednesday, December 09, 2015

To The Farmers

To the farmers here in Alberta, fighting for their lives against a government who thinks they know what is best, but has never walked in their shoes. 

To the oilfield workers and the hundreds of thousands of others, whose lives literally depend on our oilfields here in Alberta, who are fighting for their livelihood, and who will all soon be fighting just to feed our families if it doesn't stop.

Let us keep the dance of rain our fathers kept and tread our dreams beneath the jungle sky.  Arna Bon temps

Never fight fair with a stranger (farmer), boy.  You'll never get out of the jungle that way.  Arthur Miller

My father was a farmer, is now 78 and is still a farmer.  My father in law was a farmer and is now 82 and is still a farmer.  My husband was a farmer; I grew up on a farm; and with all our hearts we wish we could go back to being farmers, and share that life with our children, who are now grown - and love to visit their grandfathers farms.

Sometimes we make mistakes, and our mistake has never been farming, our mistake was voting in the wrong government.  There are always ways to correct those mistakes, but it is much more difficult to right a wrong after the wrong is done.  It would have been easier in the first place to never have made that wrong choice.  It is never too late.

I am proud of the way the people of my province are standing up for what they believe in, and even though we made a wrong choice - some of us - and elected the wrong person to have power over our lives; we can still stand up and be heard.  We can still make it right, with much effort, loud voices, work, never ending persistence, long days and even nights, dedication and determination, all which our farmers and oilfield workers have and do on a daily basis.

We have the right to live our lives the way we want to.  We are not a dictatorship run province.  We are not living under Stalin, Hitler, Lenin, Hirohito, or any of the others through history - or are we?  Is this just the beginning, or are we willing to fight to get our freedoms back after we so foolishly threw them away?

I will fight.  I will fight for the future of my children.  I will fight for the future of my grandchildren.  I will fight for my neighbors, my way of life, and I will fight for what is right!  And man o man, what we have in our government right now is NOT RIGHT!


0 comments:

Post a Comment